Monday, January 12, 2009

Who The Fuck Is He Kidding?

People said, well, the federal response was slow. Don’t tell me the federal response was slow when there was 30,000 people pulled off roofs right after the storm passed. I remember going to see those helicopter drivers, Coast Guard drivers, to thank them for their courageous efforts to rescue people off roofs. Thirty thousand people were pulled off roofs right after the storm moved through. It’s a pretty quick response.

-President George W. Bush's final press conference. January 12th, 2009




Reuters/Jason Reed found at http://tinyurl.com/99r8ns\

Real timely, there George. Note the lack of WATER. And medical personnel. Note the lack of help.

George Bush has been a terrible, terrible president. A blowhard and a fool who cannot speak with the intelligence of the average college sophomore. There are so very, very many things for which to blame him.

None, though, are is incredible to me as Hurricane Katrina. I will never forget the film of the mother with her newborn sobbing to a camera crew to help her because he baby was unresponsive. The people sobbing at the Superdome. Some officious prick general talking how hard it was to get into New Orleans to Anderson Cooper of all fucking people. How Sean Penn beat Bush and most rescuers into the city.

Never have I felt more keenly ashamed of my country. Someday, when I have a child, I will sit her (or him) down, and I will tell her about the most shameful time in American history.

Fucking asshat. When the fucking secretaries from CNN and the weather monkey from Channel 5 beats you into a city, you are fucking slow. Maybe not as slow as you were in school, but slow just the same. Douche.

No comments: