Monday, January 5, 2009

Mad Dining Skillz

I love to cook. After a shitty day at work, filled with failure and stupidity, I can come home and do something that 1. makes me feel reasonably competent, and 2. reasonably productive.

Also, whereas at work everything I do counts as pearls before swine, here at least The Boy will appreciate my efforts.

Further, new skills I learn at work inevitably only open doors to new and interesting wells of suffering. Very rarely does a new cooking skill leave me wishing I'd never heard of it, and in the rare instance it does, you can bet your ass I won't be using it long.

Like cream sauces. The secret, I now know, is that I need to be much less of a chickeshit when it comes to heat. Big fire, don't turn around, whisk. Who knew?

Don't answer that.

1 comment:

Otto said...

Embrace the heat.
Use it.
Love it.
Be the flame.