Monday, January 19, 2009

Buh-bye, Bush

I can't believe it's over.

We got through eight years. Eight long, fucked up, "Brownie, you're doin' a heckuva job" years, and tomorrow they come to an end. I almost can't believe it.

The economy is terrible, and America has pissed away its good name the world over. Things are as bad as they've been in my lifetime, or the lifetime of my parents, and yet I still feel relief, because the eight year reign of terrifying, mind-bending stupidity is over.

I hear that there is some question that Bush will be able to find gainful employment after he leaves office. Being that unlike most presidents before him he's a barely literate asshat, the traditional occupations of memoir writing and public speaking might be out of reach. I would like to propose that he occupy his ample free time traveling around the country and apologizing to all of us. He can start with the families of the soldiers his lies have killed and work his way around to the rest of us.

George W. Bush, you have been a terrible fucking leader. You are a liar, a cheat, and fucking fool. When history judges your sorry ass, I can only hope that time does nothing to dim the memory of your failings. Better to remember, and not to repeat.

No comments: