Thursday, December 18, 2008

Professional Literacy

So, in my work as a Pink Collar Wage Slave I have long labored under the delusion that no matter how frustrating and idiotic my co-workers and bosses behavior is, no matter how non-sensical their decisions and incomprehensible their thought processes, no matter how banal their conversation and shallow their thoughts, that at the very least they were all literate.

Nope.

Yesterday, my two supervisors showed up at my desk with a look of great seriousness on their faces.

"We have a question, and you always have the answer."

"Um, ok"

"So, we have a Report with result X. Do we need to order Common Industry Specific Product to go with it?

*blink*blink*blink*

"Nope."

"Wow. Thanks!"

Now, I did know the answer to that question right off the top of my head. But really? It's wasted brain space. Why? Because the Report says what, if anything, else you need to get to go with it. Says so right there. In English. Plainly written.

*sigh*

So, I think I get a by when I TOTALLY LOST MY SHIT on my boss because I refuse to complete the GODDAMN TPS REPORT FOR EACH AND EVERY FILE.

Ugh. Monday one of the managers is supposed to sit with me for three hours to observe how we do our job. He's been the boatswain on this ship of fools for the past year, and so far all I know about him is he swaggers and glandhands like a total ex-fratboy choad.

Monday goal? Don't get fired for Christmas.

No comments: