Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Feeding Frenzy

It is GO LIVE week at Corporate Happy Fun Job. GO LIVE is a very big deal, much fanfare and brouhaha surrounding our stage-one roll-out. Various systems people are wandering hither and yon discovering what we’ve known all along, that is, that this software is about as nice as an economy tub of lube mixed liberally with sand.

In an effort to simultaneously celebrate our GO LIVE and suborn the rebellion in the hearts of the employees, they have been feeding us with in an inch our lives. Today? Cheesecake contest. And cotton candy, sno-cones, and a popcorn machine. The sugar and fat is making us compliant.

I figure if we can’t make this Corporate Happy Fun project work, they are going to cut up the staff and market us as fois gras. Genius, really.

The upshot of this ongoing feeding frenzy is that I have spent the entire day covered in foodstuffs. Cotton candy leavings; coffee that managed to dribble onto my shirt beneath my boobs where I couldn’t see it until I went to the ladies. Fuckall knows what else. On top of last nights unfortunate yard tumble, I am forced to conclude that I am having one of those weeks.

No comments: