Sunday, September 9, 2007

More Excuses

I have been remiss about posting of late.

"No shit, woman," you say. "That is perfectly obvious from the utter lack of anything new on this crappy excuse for a blog for better'n two weeks."

Well. Yeah. Fine.

The funny thing about this blogging thing is that, when I go a bit without doing it, I feel vaguely guilty and unsatisfied. Because, right now, this is the only outlet I have that I share with other people. When I neglect it for any length of time, I feel uneasy. So, while I have been neglecting the blog, I've also been neglecting the attention whore, love-me-love-me, part of me.

The fact is this. I've had very little I've wanted to write about. I'm sick of blogging about job ennui. There is nothing remotely interesting the fact that I have been hating my job of late. Most people hate their jobs all the time, and it's not interesting. Politics remain screwed. My personal life is, blissfully, uneventful and boring in the best way.

That's all neither here nor there.

The fact is, there are a few reasons I haven't been blogging. One is that summer is ending; and the space between seasons, any seasons, makes me odd. The other is that I think I've been lying fallow, preparing to do other things.

Tonight, though, outside feels like the beginning of fall--it's glorious. So, while we'll have to wait and see, I think I'll be writing more.

No comments: