Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Obligatory Posting

I think they’re putting something in my water, either that or my meds have finally kicked in and started working again. I haven’t even properly felt the need to call anyone a “motherfucker” in the past couple of days.

Strangely enough, I find myself without much to say. I suppose some of this springs from the fact that the current events at hand have been so unremittingly bad that at this point I’m simply inured to all of the death, destruction, and Constitutional raping. It’s not really news anymore, is it?

St. Louis had been enjoying unseasonably warm weather. For the first time I can remember, the dogwoods bloomed before the end of March. The flowers that traditionally bloom prior have not all finished their yearly showing, meaning that there has been an absolute riot of flowers and colors and happy springtime fluffiness.

Because this is the Lou, however, it was clearly not going to last. Looking around itself, the weather realized that it hadn’t given the residents of this part of the Midwest a proper pimp-slap in a good long while, so this week it decided to give us the early March that we missed. A cold front caused an incredible day of thunderstorms, followed by the patented St. Louis 20 degree temperature plunge. They’re predicting lows in the 30s for later this week.

Take that, Happy Mr. Dogwood Tree.

No comments: